Saturday, March 20, 2010

spring cleaning: stamp storage








it's a disease :)))
once you start
you get all stupid
and can't stop
I am gonna start
my 12 step program
and just relax
tomorrow...well and go to hockey :)

You will notice each binder has a label on the outside, inside each binder has dividers, then each sheet of stamps is on it's own transparency, then it is inserted into a clear folder, then into the binder sleeve so nothing falls out. I do not know if I will make a master index or not, I think I will just use them like this for a while. I am also debating on my collection of Stampin Up stamps. I have 2 empty binders, but I have not decided. I also copied all my digi stamps to one folder on my computer, printed them off, put them in the binder and then backed them up on a disk that I put in the front of the binder...yep I know I have issues :))) All this was inspired by a friend Sam thank you for makin me believe I could do it Sam!!!









thanks for coming by, let me know if you have any questions

7 comments:

Unknown said...

WOW...............just wow

Julye said...

Hiya, I don't think you need help but do agree it's a disease. My sister in law was possibly bringing me some shelves yesturday but decided to paint the house they are selling instead, I was so looking forward to organising my craft room and getting the rooms moved around I now have 2 disaster areas, and have to keep walking form one room to the other for bits to craft with, have made sure I can craft and visit blogland though.
I keep my unmounted stamps like this in folders but I'm not quite as organised as you but I only have 4 folders so far. I stamp on paper then put the sheet through a laminater and just hole puch that. The only stamps I have problems with falling off are the really tiny ones the size of your little finger nail all the rest stay put. Must admit though I do keep thinking I ought to code them somehow so I know which are where especially as my collection grows. Thanks for sharing it looks fab and enjoy the hockey. Julye

Samantha said...

You are so cute, Vanessa! I LOVE your organizational skills, and I'm so proud you were able to accomplish such a feat in just a short amount of time. You're going to find that this system will allow you to locate your stamps so much faster and therefore use them more often. I can't wait to see what else you organize!!!

Trish a.k.a stampi said...

oh dear I could throw up my room and stamps are so messy...lol...you are an inspiration...geez V you are so good at this...

Lisa G. said...

WOW...great work girlie!

Tammy (Scrappy and T) said...

feels good to get'ter done eh =)

I have yet to get back to my organization .. a couple weeks ago I did get some of my stamps (studio g and other small ones) into binders ... still have oh so much to do though .. sigh

Juls said...

very impresive!! wish I could be as organized!! Hugs Juls